Welcoming 27

By addinaf - 2:57:00 PM



According to my birth certificate, I'm turning 27 this year. It's weird because part of me still feels like 22, I don't know about you, but the actual age I currently am by today is 27. I've heard people say that 27 is a club, kind of.

In this year, I learned not to let people opinions established the value I place on my own life choices. I learned that trying and failing and trying again and failing again is normal. It's good to mess up and learn from it and take risks. It's especially good to do this in my twenties because I am searching. We'll always be searching.

I've realized that not all that glitters is gold, but, it's good to look toward the future. Sometimes we can get overwhelmed, but it's good to get some perspective that life will always go on, to better things. Until then, I thought that I should grow a backbone, trust my gut, and know when to strike back. Be like a snake; only bite if someone steps on you.

Step into the daylight and let it go.
Because the best people in life are free.

Addina Faizati
Spring in Brescia
2019

Disclaimer: All the phrase above are mostly derived from Taylor Swift on ELLE and adjusted to my current thought. Just because every single thing that she said is reflecting what I thought in this past year.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments